|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Software Test Automation Engineer|
|Department : PSG Engineering|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Santa Clara, CA|
|Job Code : 2016-3052|| |
Teledyne LeCroy, a division of Teledyne Technologies (NYSE:TDY), is a global technology leader in signal acquisition and analysis. We develop, manufacture, and market a comprehensive line of test equipment and instruments comprised of digital oscilloscopes and protocol analyzers that enable companies to resolve design issues faster and more effectively. Engineers and researchers across a diverse range of industries use our products in a variety of applications to test and evaluate electronic signals and associated protocols to verify that their electronic devices are performing to specific company and industry specifications.
The Teledyne LeCroy Protocol Solutions Group ("PSG"), with its headquarters in Santa Clara, California, specializes in highly sophisticated development tools for high speed, serial data protocols. Teledyne LeCroy protocol analyzers and exercisers are in the critical design and test path for the vast majority of the world's leading semiconductor, device and system companies. Designers and engineers use our tools to generate and monitor traffic over the latest high-speed serial data interfaces, including USB, PCI Express, Serial ATA, Serial Attached SCSI, Fibre Channel, Ethernet, DDR and M-Phy.
We are looking for a very talented Test Automation Engineer to maintain and extend automated testing for our protocol analyzers. The successful candidate should have the right composition of knowledge, experience, team play, spirit and drive to join a dynamic team that develops leading edge test and measurement products. Countless engineers rely on Teledyne LeCroy equipment to develop the next generation of products. This is a system test engineering position requiring a background in software development (C, C++), automated testing (scripts) and complete system approach.
- Maintain and extend automated test coverage for all products. Responsible for the automated testing of multiple product lines
- Develop automated tests for high–end protocol analyzers. The protocol analyzers cover various current and next generation standard revisions of USB, PCIe, SAS/SATA, Fibre Channel, FCoE, Gig Ethernet (10/40/100 GbE), etc
- Help define and design test coverage for complex products based on Windows/Linux software, real-time firmware, logic code and advanced hardware
- Help software and hardware engineers to isolate hard to reproduce problems by providing test scripts and entire test beds
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science (CS) or Electrical Engineering (EE) – a must
- Master degree (MS) in CS is a plus
Experience, Training, Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience with creating automated test environments: Writing scripts (Python, VB script, TCL, Perl, etc.) to test software and logic functions at the system level
- Background in C or C++ programming
- Integration of multiple devices like traffic generators (Ixia, Spirent, etc.), Ethernet switches or similar devices into an automated test environment
- Experience from several completed product development cycles as a QA / test or software engineer. Good understanding of the software development process.
- Experience in performing system tests under a tight schedule and working on multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to interface with other engineers
- Open minded, quick learner, out-of-box thinking, able to solve problems in a complex system
- Team Player, good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Creative, likes challenges
- Experience with one or more of the following protocols: PCIe, USB, Ethernet, TCP/IP, SAS, SATA, Infiniband, Fibre Channel, UWB and WUSB – a plus!
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.