|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Senior Hardware Engineer|
|Department : PSG Engineering|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Santa Clara, CA|
|Job Code : 2017-3797|| |
Teledyne LeCroy, a division of Teledyne Technologies (NYSE:TDY), is a global technology leader in signal acquisition and analysis. We develop, manufacture, and market a comprehensive line of test equipment and instruments comprised of digital oscilloscopes and protocol analyzers that enable companies to resolve design issues faster and more effectively. Engineers and researchers across a diverse range of industries use our products in a variety of applications to test and evaluate electronic signals and associated protocols to verify that their electronic devices are performing to specific company and industry specifications.
The Teledyne LeCroy Protocol Solutions Group ("PSG"), with its headquarters in Santa Clara, California, specializes in highly sophisticated development tools for high speed, serial data protocols. Teledyne LeCroy protocol analyzers and exercisers are in the critical design and test path for the vast majority of the world's leading semiconductor, device and system companies.
Front End hardware design engineer with emphasis on high speed digital and analog design. Responsibilities include board level design, simulation, and optimization of RF/Microwave front end circuitry for high-speed interfaces, PCB layout, high-speed signal integrity analysis, and component evaluation. This is a product development position requiring strong understanding of RF/Microwave theory and developing RF front end including through simulation, circuit analysis, layout guidance, electrical measurements, and system approach
- Board and system level RF/Microwave and high speed digital circuit design and evaluation
- Perform RF and high speed circuit simulation using tools such as: HFSS, ADS, HSPICE and be responsible for board design and functionality
- Perform board bring up and work with firmware/logic engineers to ensure product functionality. Analyze critical high-speed circuits for signal integrity performance
- Develop customized analog circuits, evaluate various options, create functional and load models, and document results for sharing with customers
- Design and implement unit characterization tests, production tests and integration tests. Execute, analyze and verify test results
- Understanding of design for manufacturing
- Team work, effective communication, and customer support if needed
- Minimum of 3 years of system/board level experience designing and developing high end, high speed embedded platforms including latest bus topologies
- Excellent knowledge of RF/Microwave design techniques, implementation, and measurements including S-parameter measurements and analysis
- Excellent knowledge of RF/Microwave design methodologies and simulation, including latest bus technologies such as PCIe, USB, SAS/SATA and/or Ethernet
- Excellent knowledge in high speed simulation using HFSS, ADS, HSpice, Hyperlinx, or similar tools and applying the concepts to board layout
- Working experience with various high-speed measurement equipment such as: VNA, spectrum analyzer, TDR, and oscilloscopes
- Excellent knowledge in high speed clock circuit design, implementation and measurements
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strong background in debug, high speed Timing, and Jitter analysis and measurement
- Team player. Be able to share knowledge, learn from others, and support other groups within an organization
- RF/Microwave circuit design experience
- Working knowledge of various EMC/EMI control methods and implementation at PCB/component level
- FPGA logic development experience
- BS/MS/PHD in EE
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email email@example.com or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.