Teledyne LeCroy's Frontline business is the world's leading provider of Bluetooth, NFC, 802.11 and USB protocol analysis technology. We have key customers spanning the entire gamut of the consumer electronic marketplace – from chip manufacturers all the way to software stack vendors and developers. 84 out of the Fortune 100 companies use Frontline tools and services. Our tools help them do their jobs more efficiently and help them build better products for their customers. We are looking for strong Software Engineering talent to join our Charlottesville, Virginia based team.
The Senior Member of Technical Staff (SOFTWARE ENGINEER)will be a senior member of the engineering team and shall report to the VP of Engineering. He/she is responsible for the design and development of new products, as well as being responsible for feature and performance enhancements to existing products. In addition to technical leadership skills, this position requires a strong mixture individual contributor, product architecture, design, and implementation skills.
The Sr. MTS is expected to provide direction and guidance to the organization. This person must have the skills and ability to define and lead projects through the complete product life cycle using Teledyne LeCroy's development processes. Particular emphasis is on defining and delivering new features and products, but also includes increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the development team, improving the development processes, and creating and promoting an efficient and high-quality software development environment.Responsibilities
- Specification, architecture, development, and delivery of new products and features.
- Develop complex software in C++, C, C#, or other selected languages for Teledyne LeCroy's products while consistently following Teledyne LeCroy's development methodology, coding standards, and release processes.
- Project planning and schedule creation.
- Feature and performance enhancements to existing products
- Individual contributor assignments including product definition, product architecture, software design, software code/implementation, integration, and design verification.
- May perform as a technical lead for products and project teams throughout the development cycle.
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced software engineers
- Participate in the evolution of Teledyne LeCroy's software development environment and tools
- Be a model of Teledyne LeCroy's Core Values of Passion, Exceeding Customer Expectations, Integrity, Pursuit of Excellence, Ownership, Team Work, and Responsibility to Our Community.
- Must have superior system level product architecture and development background with communications products, protocol stacks, and device driver software with particular emphasis on hands-on experience in communications / data networking technology.
- Software Development: Experience as a software developer (both PC/Mac/Linux and real-time embedded environments). Knowledge and experience in cross platform (MAC, Windows, Linux), with C, C++, C#, .NET, Python, and Java.
- More than 7 years of real time embedded and host software development experience
- Must have expert knowledge of software development tools and the software development life cycle. Must have superior Object-Oriented development methodology and engineering process experience.
- Must be up-to-date on the latest technology and development techniques in all forms of communications systems and software development technologies.
- Must have completed numerous complete product development cycles that resulted in the delivery of successful products to the marketplace.
- Must have excellent project management skills to plan, lead, and manage projects through the definition, architecture, design, implementation, and design verification phases
- Must have solid writing, documentation, communication, and presentation skills.