Teledyne LeCroy's Frontline business is the world's leading provider of Bluetooth, NFC, 802.11 and USB protocol analysis technology. We have key customers spanning the entire gamut of the consumer electronic marketplace – from chip manufacturers all the way to software stack vendors and developers. 84 out of the Fortune 100 companies use Frontline tools and services. Our tools help them do their jobs more efficiently and help them build better products for their customers. We are looking for strong Software Engineering talent to join our Charlottesville, Virginia based team.
The Senior Member of Technical Staff (HARDWARE ENGINEER) will be a senior member of the engineering team and shall report to the VP of Engineering. He/she is responsible for the design and development of new products, as well as being responsible for feature and performance enhancements to existing products. In addition to technical leadership skills, this position requires a strong mixture individual contributor, product architecture, design, and implementation skills.
The Sr. Member of Technical Staff is expected to provide direction and guidance to the organization. This person must have the skills and ability to define and lead projects through the complete product life cycle using Teledyne LeCroy's development processes. Particular emphasis is on defining and delivering new features and products, but also includes increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the development team, improving the development processes, and creating and promoting an efficient and high-quality hardware development environment.
This position requires a MSEE degree, and a minimum of 5 years of experience in the electronics design of new products. The candidate's strength should be in hardware design for data communication products. As a part of this work, we expect the candidate to have strong project planning and estimation skills, documentation skills, schematic entry and simulation experience, strong design verification skills, and strong design for manufacturing experience. The candidate should have completed multiple product designs using embedded processors, a variety of data communications interfaces, and the design of large and sophisticated FPGAs.Responsibilities
- Specification, architecture, development, and delivery of new products and features.
- Feature and performance enhancements to existing products
- Project planning and schedule creation.
- Individual contributor assignments including product definition, product architecture, hardware design, integration, and design verification.
- May perform as a technical lead for products and project teams throughout the development cycle.
- Participate in the evolution of Teledyne LeCroy's hardware development environment and tools
- Be a model Teledyne LeCroy's Core Values of Passion, Exceeding Customer Expectations, Integrity, Pursuit of Excellence, Ownership, Team Work, and Responsibility to Our Community.
- Experience with communication systems design.
- Must be a hands-on designer familiar with digital design, analog design, data communications technologies, single board computer design.
- Experience with DSP / FPGA communications technology for Software Defined Radios.
- Experience with a combination of Simulink, MATLAB, HDL Coder, HDL (Verilog and/or VHDL), Xilinx ISE, and Xilinx Vivado.
- Experience designing and implementing sophisticated digital signaling algorithms in FPGA (or system on a chip) type platforms.
- Experience with Xilinx Series 7 devices, including Zynq, or other similar system on a chip devices.
- Experience with modeling, optimizing, updating, validating and adding features to FPGA based wide band software defined radio (SDR)
- Must be up-to-date on the latest technology and development techniques in a wide range of communications systems and hardware development technologies.