|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Engineering Program Manager - SAN|
|Department : PSG Engineering|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Santa Clara, CA|
|Job Code : 2017-3999|| |
The Teledyne LeCroy Protocol Solutions Group ("PSG"), with its headquarters in Santa Clara, California, specializes in highly sophisticated development tools for high speed, serial data protocols. Teledyne LeCroy protocol analyzers and exercisers are in the critical design and test path for the vast majority of the world's leading semiconductor, device and system companies. Designers and engineers use our tools to generate and monitor traffic over the latest high-speed serial data interfaces, including USB, PCI Express, Serial ATA, Serial Attached SCSI, Fibre Channel, Ethernet, DDR and M-Phy.
We are looking for an Engineering Program Manager with the right composition of knowledge, experience, spirit and drive, to join a dynamic team that develops leading edge test and measurement products for SAN market. Engineering teams around the globe use our systems to develop next-generation communication, consumer electronics and computer products.
- Be part of a Program management team, working closely with management, responsible to lead company's SAN product line. This includes:Communicating with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Analysis of market trends, definition of new products, and management of product roadmapsDefinition of project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Work with Program and Engineering teams to manage product development through all design phases to full product release:
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents. Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals. Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Lead and manage Engineering project teams through full development cycles of cutting-edge test & measurement tools for various technologies:
- Identify, manage and resolve project dependencies, conflicts and critical path
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Represent the company and participate in various SAN Industry activities to support company's business objectives
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills – a must!
- Team Player, Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating
- Open minded, quick learner, creative, likes challenges
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues, products and apply new technologies
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in leading and/or managing engineering teams
- Proven record of successful delivery of products per definition and plan
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Can conform to shifting priorities, requirements and timelines, and reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Ability to communicate with team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Experience with collaboration tools and configuration management tools
- Deep understanding and knowledge of Ethernet-based Network Communication Protocols and Storage communication protocols like 10GigE, 40GigE, FcoE, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, and other
- Customer service skills an asset
- Experience with Monitoring and/or Test & Measurement tools
- Hardware architecture, ASIC/FPGA design, Experience with TCP/IP design
- Experience with one or more of the following protocols: PCIe, USB, SAS, SATA, Infiniband
- Will and ability to be hands-on manager when required
- Experience in working with offshore engineering teams
- BS in EE, CS or Computer Engineering – a must
- MS in EE is a plus
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.