|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Software Design Engineer|
|Department : Engineering|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2017-3982|| |
Teledyne LeCroy designs, manufactures and markets state of the art test and measurement equipment. Originally founded as LeCroy Corporation, the company was formed in 1964; the company was acquired by Teledyne Technologies (NYSE: TDY) in 2012 and now operates as a wholly owned subsidiary. Our Chestnut Ridge, NY (Rockland County) office is looking to add a SOFTWARE ENGINEER to our Product Development Group.
We are looking for a talented, highly motivated SOFTWARE DESIGN ENGINEER with solid software skills to join our Serial Data and Vertical Market Applications Development Group. The successful candidate will participate in all aspects of the development of serial data and other vertical market application software options and packages that run on or with our oscilloscope products. The type of products being designed will require the engineer to develop expertise in both software engineering and electronic measurement technology.
- Design software that will run on our digital oscilloscopes to extract general purpose and application specific measurements from the acquired signals
- Design measurement software to automatically test customer systems to serial data standards using Teledyne LeCroy oscilloscopes and bit error rate testers
- Design and validate signal processing algorithms to extract application specific information and measurements from signals acquired on oscilloscope
- Participate in serial data standards technical working groups to help develop testing specifications. A few examples of the kinds of electrical standards we work on are PCI Express, USB, SATA, and MIPI
- Devise test scripts to provide automated testing for validation and regression testing of software
- Fluency in C++
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or or BS/MS/PhD in Physics
- 3+ years' experience
- Similar work experience
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.