|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Staff Hardware Engineer|
|Department : PSG Engineering|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Santa Clara, CA|
|Job Code : 2017-4598|| |
System level hardware design engineer with emphasis on high speed digital design. Responsibilities will include board and system level design, PCB layout, simulations, component selection and support to manufacturing /customer support on various acitivites. This is a product development position requiring thorough background in developing high end systems including high speed simulation, layout guidance, and working with Mechanical Engineer for enclosure design and associated sub assemblies.
- Board and system level high speed digital circuit design, integration, and evaluation
- Work with Signal Integrity Engineer to generate PCB layout guidelines, and work with outside PCB layout service providers. Knowledge in high speed (> 10Gbps) layout is required
- Perform board bring up and work with firmware/logic engineers to ensure product functionality
- Develop system and board level tests and test procedures to ensure that the product meets electrical and engineering specifications. Use these procedures to transfer products to Operations
- Work with mechanical engineer to design product enclosure and cross check with electrical designs
- Design and implement unit characterization tests, production tests and integration tests. Execute, analyze and verify test results
- Assist in EMC certification as necessary
- Support Manufacturing and Customer Support on various issues
- Minimum of 5 years of system/board level design experience designing and developing high end, high speed embedded platforms including latest bus topologies, CPU, and memory interfaces. Excellent knowledge of high speed (10Gbps or higher) design methodologies, including latest bus technologies such as PCIe, USB, SAS/SATA and/or Ethernet. Excellent knowledge in high speed clock circuit design, implementation and measurements. Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Having a background in debug, high speed Timing, and Jitter analysis and measurement. Working knowledge of various EMC/EMI control methods and implementation at PCB/component level. Working experience with various schematic entry tools and test/measurement equipment including high speed, real time oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers. Strong system development experience with holistic approach. Team player. Be able to share knowledge, learn from others, and support other groups within an organization.
Knowledge in high speed simulation using HSpice, Hyperlinx, or similar tools and applying the concepts to board layout. Knowledge in FPGA configuration and testing
BS/MS in EE or CE (MS preferred)
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email email@example.com or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.