Teledyne LeCroy is a leading manufacturer of advanced oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers, and other test instruments that verify performance, validate compliance, and debug complex electronic systems quickly and thoroughly. It is a challenging, dynamic and fast-paced environment filled with engineers and scientists who share a passion to be the best. We are located in Chestnut Ridge, New York (Rockland County), 30 minutes northwest of the city that never sleeps NYC.
At Teledyne LeCroy, the Component Quality Engineer plays a key role to assure electrical components used in products are reliable/effective and source/validate/implement end of life component substitutions either based on manufacturer EoL notice or by proactively scrubbing BOM's.
This position requires datasheet review, parts sourcing, validation scheduling, technical review and ECO generation. From the quality perspective we are looking for an individual who understands and can implement the principles of product and process quality control. The body of knowledge includes development and implementation of quality control systems, application and analysis of inspection/testing procedures, the ability to use metrics and statistical methods to diagnose and correct quality issues both in house and at vendors.
This position can evolve into Operations Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Component selection, including cost, availability, and technical analysis
- Component end of life tracking with substitute part selection, validation and implementation
- Scrubbing BOMs of existing products to identify EoLs on a proactive basis
- Working with Vendors assure the quality of all purchased parts, subassemblies and products. Including annual quality audits of key suppliers
- Provide direction for Manufacturing Quality Assurance Group
- Develop and execute cost cutting initiatives and process improvements
- ISO 9001 Quality System involvement. This includes QMS Meeting Presenter, Lead Internal Auditor, Interface with External Auditor