|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Embedded Software Engineer|
|Department : Engineering|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Elgin, IL|
|Job Code : 2017-5037|| |
Teledyne LeCroy's Quantum Data product family offers video test generators and analyzers for digital video sources, sinks, displays and video distribution equipment - - in addition to test solutions for engineering, manufacturing, quality control, incoming inspection, installation, and repair. This position will be based in our Elgin, IL location.
We are looking for an experience Software Embedded Engineer to join our dynamic team.
This engineer will be a key member of the software development team creating leading edge test equipment for High Definition Television, computer displays, and other multimedia devices in a collaborative environment. Primary work is the development of software for an embedded Linux environment.
- Demonstrated expertise developing software for embedded platforms in C, C++, and/or Java (typically 7+ years of experience). Linux and VxWorks experience is desirable, including driver-level development.
- Excellent software engineering skills including architectural definition, task identification, design, implementation, and test – from concept through maintenance.
- Work with browser applets, Eclipse development, video formats, and Agile development methods would be helpful.
- Comfortable working with hardware development engineers and using tools (e.g. emulators, oscilloscopes).
- Experience using an efficient development process for high quality deliverables.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and good communication skills.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering; Masters in Compter Science or Computer Engineering is a plus.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email email@example.com or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.