Teledyne LeCroy is a leading manufacturer of advanced oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers, and other test instruments that verify performance, validate compliance, and debug complex electronic systems quickly and thoroughly. It is a challenging, dynamic and fast-paced environment filled with engineers and scientists who share a passion to be the best.
Technical Marketing Engineer
At Teledyne LeCroy, the Product Marketing team plays a key role in understanding customer’s technical requirements, communicating them to the development team, and then bringing innovative products to the marketplace. The nature of any high technology business, is a deep technical understanding of the core customer requirements and an innovative approach to meeting their needs. As such, the communication of Teledyne LeCroy's specific value is largely a technical function that requires an understanding of the customer problem, the Teledyne LeCroy solution, and the competitive situation with a clear and compelling presentation of the value that we can offer.
This position is requires a unique combination of technical, business, and verbal/written communication skills. For the right candidate, this position is on the track to becoming a Product Manager.
Major Technical Marketing Engineer Responsibilities
- Develop a basic technical proficiency on all Product Lines and Vertical Markets. Understand product uses, customer needs, competition, and Teledyne LeCroy advantages and weaknesses.
- Define and create core message(s) that are appealing to customers and the sales channel and that describe unique Teledyne LeCroy value
- Provide high level tactical sales direction and support to worldwide AEs and SEs in defined circumstances
- Evaluate Teledyne LeCroy and competitive products and create/maintain detailed competitive comparisons, and summarized sales tools
- Create training materials and tactical documents to support products after launch. Present information at internal and external training events.
- Support the various Product Marketing Managers in their efforts to define, position, launch, and support Teledyne LeCroy products
- As required, create product launch materials, follow defined processes, and work collaboratively with other Teledyne LeCroy teams to successfully launch new products
- Periodic travel in the field in support of key business opportunities, promotion opportunities, trade shows and conferences, technical committee meetings or "plug fests" (~20%)