|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Software Design Engineer (EE or CS)|
|Department : Research & Development|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2018-6273|| |
Teledyne LeCroy designs, manufactures and markets state of the art test and measurement equipment. Originally founded as LeCroy Corporation, the company was formed in 1964; the company was acquired by Teledyne Technologies (NYSE: TDY) in 2012 and now operates as a wholly owned subsidiary. Our Chestnut Ridge, NY (Rockland County) office is looking to add a SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE ENGINEER with solid software skills to our Product Development Group.
Our products are built on sophisticated object oriented software programming techniques utilizing technologies such as ActiveX, WTL/ATL/COM, GDI toolset, DirectX, WDK, WDF with C++ as a primary programming language.
Software/Firmware Design Engineer - - R&D Based Opening
- Acquiring in depth knowledge of digital oscilloscope at functionality level as well as design level
- Design and implement various levels of functional driver for digital oscilloscope to control complex electronics
- Design software that will run on our digital oscilloscopes to extract general purpose and application specific measurements from the acquired signals
- Design measurement software to automatically test customer systems to serial data standards using Teledyne LeCroy oscilloscopes and bit error rate testers
- Devise test scripts to provide automated testing for validation and regression testing of software
- Working in a team environment to debug, diagnosis and fix various software issues reported by customers
- Working in a team environment to develop various software application/features for main various product line
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (5+ years experience)
- Masters in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (2+ years experience)
- Working experience of C++ programming
- Knowledge of digital and analog hardware electronics
- Passion for quality and be a proactive thinker
- Knowledge of oscilloscopes or other test and measurement instrumentation
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must have good communication skills
- Experience of Windows based application programming
- Experience of Microsoft Windows kernel level drivers
- Knowledge of ATL/COM
- Experience with Win CE or Windows Embedded platform
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.