|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Component Librarian Technician|
|Department : Engineering|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2018-6720|| |
Teledyne LeCroy designs, manufactures and markets state of the art test and measurement equipment. Originally founded as LeCroy Corporation in 1964, our company was acquired by Teledyne Technologies (NYSE: TDY) in 2012 and now operates as a wholly owned subsidiary based in Chestnut Ridge (Rockland County), NY.
The primary functions of the Component Librarian Technician is to work under limited supervision and support electrical and manufacturing engineers by generating and maintaining schematic symbols, PCB component footprints, and 3D component models and archiving them to the CIS ECAD Library for use in Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Designs.
Component Librarian Technician will be responsible for improving, developing and managing the maintenance to address component duplication and component obsolescence within the CIS Library databases used to support the Cadence and other design tools. Implement and maintain ECAD software upgrades and supporting ECAD users.
- Work closely with electrical engineers to create, modify, and/or verify schematic and there symbols, PCB component footprints, and 3D component models
- Process ECAD Library requests for new parts and analyze/modify existing library parts for improved readability of the schematic or manufacturability of the component footprint
- Analyze and validate schematic symbols, physical footprints, and 3D models for ECAD parts created by other designers for accuracy and compliance with IPC standards
- Remain current on leading edge technology related to electronic components and having a significant understanding of the fabrication process and its effect on manufacturing processes
- Maintain supporting documentation and software upgrades for best design practices relating to ECAD components and there availability in general
- Be proactive in recognizing opportunities for improvements and performs related duties as assigned
- Process ECO'S and engineering change requests by implementing redline markup changes to schematic and updating all applicable documents to current IPC standards
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance and Multi-tasks, prioritizes, and meets deadlines in timely manner
- 2+ years of experience in ECAD Component Librarian duties using a schematic design tool
- Associate degree or certificate in a relevant technical field preferred
- OrCAD and Cadence software knowledge strongly desired
- Proficiency using personal computers and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong verbal presentation and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Experience using PLM and PDM systems for documentation control
- Expertise in researching and interpreting manufacturing data sheets to extract information to generate symbols and footprints
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.