|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : EDA/CAD Engineer|
|Department : Engineering|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2018-6731|| |
Teledyne LeCroy is a leading manufacturer of electronic test equipment, located in Chestnut Ridge, New York. As part of Teledyne Technologies, Inc, we design and develop digital oscilloscopes and other critical, highly engineered test products. The Technology Development Group that designs the specialized integrated circuits for our digital oscilloscopes is currently looking for a full-time EDA/CAD Engineer.
We are looking for a qualified individual who can provide EDA tool and CAD support for our small team of design engineers. You will work closely with analog, RF and mixed-signal design engineers to develop next-generation custom integrated circuits using the Cadence design environment, targeting various process technologies. You will be part of a small, dynamic and critical team with potential growth depending on your unique skills.
The ideal candidate for this position has strong programming skills to develop tools, scripts, and methodology to facilitate circuit and physical design, and design verification.
- Provide physical design, circuit layouts, for analog, RF and mixed-signal designs
- Install and customize tools and kits, and administrate the design environment
- Provide support to the design team for CAD, PDK, and design flow issues
- Work directly with tool vendors and foundry kit providers to document, track and resolve EDA environment and PDK issues
- Support design environment evolution by progressive improvements and enhancements to design methodology
- Provide solutions to design engineering problems, simulation and verification support, through scripting and software automation
- Bachelors of Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or similar
- 3 years of similar work experience preferred but not required
- Relevant experience and developed skills in physical design, layout and verification
- Proficient in a variety of programming languages (e.g SKILL, Python, Tcl, PERL)
- Experience with foundry toolkits, DRC/LVS rule sets, CDF, GDS layer mapping, etc
- Familiarity with EDA tool suites for Schematic Capture, Simulation, Physical Design, DRC/LVS, ERC, Extraction, Analog/Mixed-signal Simulation and Verification
- Experience developing support scripts and programming for Cadence Virtuoso
- Effective interpersonal communication and documentation skills
- Attention to detail, and a team-oriented work ethic
- Schematic design experience, particularly an understanding of analog circuits
- Familiarity with parasitic extraction tools
- Familiarity with digital design tools (Synopsys, Incisive), language, and verification methods (Verilog, SystemVerilog)
- Strong math skills, with emphasis on statistical analysis
- Strong understanding of computer systems and experience with system administration (Linux/UNIX)
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.