|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Test Technician|
|Department : Operations & Manufacturing|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2018-7576|| |
Teledyne LeCroy Inc. located in Chestnut Ridge, NY is a high tech leading manufacturer of high performance electronic test and measurement equipment. We are currently looking for an experienced Test Technician to work 1st shift in our production area.
As a Test Technician at Teledyne LeCroy, you will perform a variety of non-routine tests and calibrations to documented and undocumented test procedures so that production quality standards are met. Typically includes debug of failures to the most complex circuits. This position requires decision making ability with respect to what rework and repairs are made daily. Typically part of a 5 to 7 person cell.
- Executes documented test procedures
- Reads schematics
- Debugs very complex circuits
- Executes set-up of test fixtures (AC & DC)
- Involved in new product start-up. Works with design engineers and manufacturing engineers in review of new test procedures. May write test procedures.
- Trains peers and lower-level technicians
- Operates programmable AC auto testers, samplers, real time oscilloscopes, pulse generators, meters, power supplies and customer-designed AC test fixtures
- Participates in weekly cell meetings and also participates in cost reduction and process improvement initiatives
- Performs data entry into defect collection system
- Must be able to maneuver 35 lbs
- 2 year Technical Degree or equivalent in related discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to read and understand English
- Soldering skills a plus
- Ability to document issues with supporting data
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.