|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Planner/Buyer|
|Department : Operations & Manufacturing|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Milpitas, CA|
|Job Code : 2018-7320|| |
Teledyne LeCroy, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets state of the art test and measurement equipment. Originally founded as LeCroy Corporation, the company was formed in 1964; the company was acquired by Teledyne Technologies (NYSE: TDY) in 2012 and now operates as a wholly owned subsidiary. This buyer role will support the manufacturing department.
- Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery
- Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed
- Solicits and evaluates proposals for the requested commodity
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs
- Confirms orders within a defined period and assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records
- Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute commodity in a cost-effective manner
- Maintain inventory operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes
- Other duties may be assigned
- Able to multi task and prioritize
- NPI experience
- Work with accounting to resolve invoice issues
- Bachelor's degree; 3 years related experience
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees or vendors.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Inventory software; Order processing systems, excel and Word Processing software
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.