|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Mechanical Engineering Intern|
|Department : Engineering|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2019-8646|| |
Teledyne LeCroy is a leading manufacturer of advanced oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers, and other test instruments that verify performance, validate compliance, and debug complex electronic systems quickly and thoroughly. Since its founding in 1964, the Company has focused on incorporating powerful tools into innovative products that enhance "Time-to-Insight". Faster time to insight enables users to rapidly find and fix defects in complex electronic systems, dramatically improving time-to-market for a wide variety of applications and end markets.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineering Intern in our location in Chestnut Ridge, NY to work with us from May-August 2019.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct Thermal Tests and document results
- Conduct Structural Tests and document results
- Assist with other environmental tests such as EMC, acoustic noise and reliability/life tests
- 2D & 3D CAD work
- Unit build support and provide general assistance to senior technicians
Nature of Work:
- Recording data and thoroughly documenting for future review and further analysis
- Ability to quickly context switch for multiple simultaneous projects and parts
- Minor lifting for movement and modification of prototypes and equipment weighing up to 40 lbs
- Completed Sophmore Year - Pursuing a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering at an accredited 4 year college
- Previous experience with mechanical assembly using general shop tools
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic mechanical concepts
- Basic knowledge of 2D and 3D concepts - Training will be provided for the specific CAD software used at Teledyne LeCroy
- Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) for documentation of test results
- Previous experience with the use of electronic lab test equipment such as oscilloscopes and multimeters is a plus
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email email@example.com or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.