|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Manufacturing Engineer Co-op (Jan-Aug 2020)|
|Department : Operations/Manufacturing|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2019-11250|| |
Teledyne LeCroy Inc. located in Chestnut Ridge, NY (Rockland County, NY) is a high tech leading manufacturer of high performance electronic test and measurement equipment. We are currently looking for a Manufacturing (Mechanical focus) Engineer Co-Op for the January-August 2020 block to support the manufacturing engineering function in the production of oscilloscopes, probes, and cables. This position will work with cross-functional teams to support company, team, and individual objectives.
This is a great opportunity to do real manufacturing engineering and not the usual documentation/busy work that is so often pushed to co-ops and interns.
We are looking for candidates with a genuine interest in manufacturing engineering and operations management.
This job is very hands on and requires frequent prioritization, quick decision-making, and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Process/Product Design and Manufacturing
- Work with our newly formed Cable/Probe Cell to insource complex assemblies
- Drive the development of our overmolding process through tool design and validation
- Increase manufacturing capabilities by bringing new processes in house (Injection molding, laser wire stripping, potting, machining, etc)
- New product transition from design engineering to manufacturing
- DFMA input into products during the initial design phase
- Test setup creation and optimization
- Fixture design (mechanical and electrical)
- Create work instructions and train operations staff. Work hands on with skilled assemblers and technicians to prepare for new product launches
- Cost reduction on existing products and processes
- Re-design existing parts to be more economical and manufacturable (Example – Switch from machining to casting)
- Source existing parts from an alternate supplier or using alternate manufacturing technologies
- Vertical integration – Make/buy decisions on components and subassemblies
- Process improvements to decrease setup time and increase throughput
- Lead continuous improvement and kaizen events on cross functional teams
- Current enrollment towards 4-year Engineering or Engineering Technology Degree*
- Minimum 2 years college credits
- Things that are a plus and will help you stand out
- Genuine interest in manufacturing and manufacturing management as a career path
- Experience in a manufacturing environment from a previous internship or job
- Knowledge and/or courses taken in operations and supply chain management
- Ability to tailor communication (both written and verbal) to you audience
- Track record of leadership positions and self-motivation
- Hands on experience making things (machine tools, soldering, etc)
* Open to all area of concentration the student must have a mechanical and manufacturing interest
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.