|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Receiving and Stockroom Clerk|
|Department : Operations/Manufacturing|
|Position Type : Full Time - TEMP TO PERM|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2019-12025|| |
Teledyne LeCroy Inc., a leading supplier of high-performance digital oscilloscopes, provides state-of-the-art test and measurement solutions and is positioned to capitalize on emerging markets. Teledyne LeCroy is located in Chestnut Ridge, New York (Rockland County).
We are currently looking for a RECEIVING AND STOCKROOM CLERK that will work in our Shipping and Receiving Department within a manufacturing setting.
This position is a temporary position with the possibility of going permanent.
- Receive goods from small package carriers (UPS, FedEx, DHL) and freight carriers (XPO Logistics, UPS Freight, FedEx Freight)
- Enter data pertaining to purchase orders into the ERP system
- Unpack goods delivered against purchase orders or to the attention of individuals within the company
- Use pallet jack and large carts to move goods into the warehouse
- Count and verify material against packing slips
- Review international customs documentation for incoming international shipments
- Inspect goods for obvious damage
- Transport and place materials in designated locations or deliver to specific individuals within the facility
- Communicate via intercompany email regarding incoming shipments and deliveries
- Organize warehouse to optimize space utilization and to facilitate retrieval of materials upon demand
- Prepare kits of material for assembly production and distributes to manufacturing lines
- Count inventory in accordance with management direction
- Monitor the usage and inventory levels of designated items
- Provide Shipping department with assistance during low-volume days
- Assemble packaging materials and packages merchandise per instructions, in preparation for shipment
- Enter data pertaining to shipments to the company's ERP system and to the shipping systems of commercial freight carriers
- Monitor the supply of packaging materials and requisitions additional supplies as required
- Confirm physical shipment of goods and facilitates tracking of packages
- Coordinate with carriers and freight forwarders to schedule pick-up of goods
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years experience in warehousing and ERP systems
- Be familiar with Fed-Ex, DHL, Freight Trucks and UPS shipping procedures
- A firm understanding of international shipping documents
- Moderate computer skills/data entry skills/basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Experience using UPS WorldShip Program
- Identify errors on packing lists, invoices and in their own work and have them corrected
- Demonstrate accuracy, responsibility and thoroughness of all records
- Ability to lift at least 65 pounds
- Ability to operate a pallet jack
- Strong sense of priority
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Practice safe working habits, follow safety guidelines, and support company initiatives
- Be able to stand for long periods of time
- Keep the department clean and organized
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed to meet high priority demands (estimated to be a few times a quarter)
- All other duties as assigned
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.