|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Hardware Design Engineer|
|Department : Engineering|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2019-12121|| |
Teledyne LeCroy, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets state of the art test and measurement equipment. Originally founded as LeCroy Corporation, the company was formed in 1964; the company was acquired by Teledyne Technologies (NYSE: TDY) in 2012 and now operates as a wholly owned subsidiary. Teledyne LeCroy currently employs over 500 professionals with sales and service locations across the world.
Hardware Design Engineer
6-12 years design experience
Precision analog, high speed, and mixed signal circuitry
- Architecting precision, high speed and RF analog and mixed signal circuitry and acquisition systems
- Contributing in planning architectures for next generation Chipset for data acquisition systems
- Design and layout of complex high-frequency PCBs and packages
- Design test fixtures and automated test routines to support testing of prototypes
- Being part of the team developing exciting next generation high value-added instruments, using state of the art technology
These are only a few of the challenges we face every day designing our high-tech products. You can help solve these problems, if you join Teledyne LeCroy's Hardware Team. Primary responsibilities for this job include architecture development, complex board design, system analysis and debug. Analysis of the design using circuit analysis techniques and calculations and is expected.
Documentation and communication skills are important, as we work with a worldwide organization. This position requires constant interactions between Software, Firmware and Mechanical teams, so teamwork is strongly required.
Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are expected, as well as familiarity with CAD systems for schematic entry and simulation tools such as Cadence (PSPICE), Ansys (HFSS).
- BSEE 8-12 years or MSEE 6-10 years design experience
Familiarity with some of the following skills will also be expected:
- Knowledge of high-speed analog design, signal integrity, transmission lines, RF and microwave concepts
- Basic knowledge of digital signal processing theory
- Knowledge of precision electronic design, and solid knowledge of general electronic design including power supply design, clocking design, transistor level design and PCBA technology
- Ability to understand circuits in the frequency and time domain
- The use of test equipment - especially spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers and Digital Oscilloscopes
- Design simulation analysis with Orcad, PSpice, Excel, Ansys tools, MatLab or other software tools
- Python or similar scripting capability to analyze data
The ability to think logically, to learn quickly and the desire to learn new things are among the most important attributes for this position.
Teledyne LeCroy is located in suburban Rockland County, NY - approximately 20 miles north of Manhattan/New York City and less than two miles from Bergen County, New Jersey. We recognize that our success is based on our employees' expertise, creativity and skills; so we offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including 401(k) and advancement opportunities in a superb working environment that is down to earth, technologically aggressive and stimulating.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.