|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Quality Technician (PCBA)|
|Department : Operations/Manufacturing|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2019-12112|| |
Teledyne LeCroy Inc., a leading supplier of high-performance digital oscilloscopes, provides state-of-the-art test and measurement solutions and is positioned to capitalize on emerging markets. Teledyne LeCroy is located in Chestnut Ridge, New York (Rockland County).
The Quality Technician (PCBA) role will perform or assist our quality engineers/manager in routine tasks to ensure compliance with quality standards. Under close supervision, works with PCBA vendor to assure quality of product and implementation of changes. Working with Operations and Engineering will perform a wide range of complex in house PCBA modification. Ensure effective inspection procedures are implemented and maintained. Assists in the development of standards to meet quality specifications. Work methods are well defined, and information needed is accessible. Can drive internal Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action implementation.
- Interface with PCBA vendors to assure quality of product and implementation of changes
- Executes PCBA receiving inspection procedures
- Implements complex PCBA changes and modifications
- Training of Operations personnel in hand soldering
- Maintains and uses tools and equipment to support inspection of units
- Participates actively in the Quality Improvement Process
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Communicates effectively and accurately in weekly cell meeting and participates in cost reduction and process improvement initiatives
- Accurately reports and enters data into the ERP system
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-4 years of work experience in related field
- Microscope and soldering experience a must
- IPC J-Std-001 and/or IPC-A-610 training a significant plus
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and understand PCBA documents, diagrams and schematics
- Manual dexterity in the use of hand tools and hand soldering equipment
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential
- Must be strong in both oral and written communication
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.