|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Manufacturing Engineer Co-op (Electrical Focus)|
|Department : Engineering|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2020-12631|| |
Teledyne LeCroy Inc. located in Chestnut Ridge, NY (Rockland County, NY) is a high-tech leading manufacturer of high-performance electronic test and measurement equipment. Our team consists of passionate, intelligent and experienced engineers who work on a wide range of problems in a highly collaborative work environment. If you are passionate about engineering and manufacturing, then this is the place for you!
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer (EE) Co-op from May through Fall 2020 to support the manufacturing engineering function in the production of oscilloscopes, probes, and cables. This position will work with cross-functional teams to support company, team, and individual objectives.
We are looking Electrical focused students with a genuine interest in manufacturing engineering and operations management. This job is very hands on and requires frequent prioritization, quick decision-making, and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Production test fixture development
- Draw schematics on Eagle or Cadence and design a Printed Circuit Board for each project
- Program microcontroller using C or other language
- Test design using measurement equipment and circuit theory
- Create a comfortable and efficient housing for the fixture
- New product transition from design engineering to manufacturing
- Create work instructions and train operations staff
- Work hands on with skilled assemblers and technicians to prepare for new product launches
- Cost reduction on existing products and processes
- Source existing parts from an alternate supplier or using alternate manufacturing technologies
- Process improvements to decrease setup time and increase throughput
- Current enrollment towards a 4-year Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology Degree
- Minimum 2 years of college credits
- Familiarity with Visual Basic, Python, C/C++, or C# a plus
- Experience using test and measurement equipment such as oscilloscope, multimeter, signal generator, etc
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Things that are a plus and will help you stand out
- Familiarity working with Arduino applications
- Familiarity with 3D printing software
- Genuine interest in manufacturing and manufacturing management as a career path
- Ability to tailor communication (both written and verbal) to your audience
- Track record of leadership positions and self-motivation
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email email@example.com or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.