|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Application Engineer|
|Department : Engineering|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Milpitas, CA|
|Job Code : 2020-13667|| |
Teledyne LeCroy Inc. develops leading edge test and measurement products. Engineering teams around the globe use our systems to develop next generation communication, consumer electronics and computer products.
We are looking for an Applications Engineer to join our Milpitas based team as a part of our PSG Global Technical Services Team providing world class support and protocol knowledge to Teledyne LeCroy customers.
For the right candidate this exciting opportunity can expose you new products and technology years before it reaches the consumer market. This position will support our customers in using the industry's leading-edge test and measurement products for serial protocols related computing networks and storage protocols. Top engineering teams around the globe use our products to develop and verify next-generation consumer electronics and computer products and we need someone who provide frontline technical assistance and advice to multiple customers worldwide. The candidate will work with many teams including the marketing teams, sales teams, engineering teams and test teams as required. Through hands-on learning, studying technical specifications, and mentoring, you will extended your expertise in digital video protocols and in our instruments that test and validate these protocols. Ultimately enabling you to become one of the world's elite experts in this field.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support for Protocol test product lines
- Utilize Protocol Analyzers and other test and measurement equipment
- Provide analysis and support of PCIe protocol compliance testing
- Independently Interpret testing and compliance results and provide feedback to the customer
- Provide Technical Training in support of our products to new and existing customers or at industry events
- Collaborate with other team members: sales engineering, marketing, application engineering and product development teams
- Maintain and develop relationships with customers and key decision makers
- Contribute new product proposals for product roadmaps, validate new product releases, champion customer needs in product development
- Respond to customer queries and requests for help using the support tracking system by web, email and phone
- Attend and Represent Teledyne LeCroy at industry events
- Work within organizational policies and practices
- BSEE/BSCS, Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Electronics/ electrical engineering / relevant discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of modern serial protocol specifications like PCIe, NVMe, SAS, SATA, MPhy and similar
- Knowledge of electrical and electronics principles – in particular high speed serial protocols
- Basic understanding of computer network configuration and protocols
- Customer support experience pre and post sales
- Great communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills, proactive problem solver
- Comfortable interfacing with customers and being part of the Sales process
- Good understanding of Sales cycle and customer decision making and development cycle
- Ability to obtain necessary documentation to travel domestically and internationally
- Experience using test instruments (e.g. compliance testers, digital video/audio analyzers)
- PCIe Standards Compliance Testing experience
- Debug of PCI express protocol experience
- Familiarity with a Windows operating environment
- Foreign language skills ideal but not required
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.