|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Software/Firmware Engineer|
|Department : Research & Development|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2021-15341|| |
Teledyne LeCroy designs, manufactures and markets state of the art test and measurement equipment. Originally founded as LeCroy Corporation, the company was formed in 1964; the company was acquired by Teledyne Technologies (NYSE: TDY) in 2012 and now operates as a wholly owned subsidiary. Our Chestnut Ridge, NY (Rockland County) office is looking to add a SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE ENGINEER with solid software skills to our Product Development Group.
Are you a problem solver with eagerness to learn and contribute to the evolving world of electronics test solutions? Here at Teledyne LeCroy, the Product Development Group develops the most extensive range of test solutions. You will be working in a software team which designs digital oscilloscope software, device driver and firmware and supports multiple cross-functional teams.
Software/Firmware Engineer - - R&D Based Opening
- Acquiring in depth knowledge of digital oscilloscope at functionality level, as well as, design level
- Design and implement functional software drivers for digital oscilloscope to control complex electronics
- Design software that will run on our digital oscilloscopes to extract general purpose and application specific measurements from the acquired signals
- Design measurement software to automatically test customer systems to serial data standards using Teledyne LeCroy oscilloscopes and bit error rate testers
- Devise test scripts to provide automated testing for validation and regression testing of software
- Working in a team environment to debug, diagnosis, and fix various software issues reported by customers
- Working in a team environment to develop various software application/features for main various product line
- 2+ years of experience with Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Master of Science in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Development experience in C, C++, and Python programming
- Knowledge of operating system and device driver
- Knowledge of microcontroller and firmware programming principles
- Knowledge of digital and analog hardware electronics
- Knowledge of electronics test equipment, like oscilloscope and logic analyzer
- Must be an inquisitive problem solver and a proactive thinker
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must have good communication skills
- Experience of Windows based application programming
- Experience of Microsoft Windows kernel level drivers
- Knowledge of ATL/COM
- Experience with Win CE or Windows Embedded platform
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email email@example.com or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.