|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Software Design Engineer|
|Department : Engineering|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2021-15374|| |
Teledyne LeCroy designs, manufactures and markets state of the art test and measurement equipment. Originally founded as LeCroy Corporation, the company was formed in 1964; the company was acquired by Teledyne Technologies (NYSE: TDY) in 2012 and now operates as a wholly owned subsidiary. Our Chestnut Ridge, NY (Rockland County) office is looking to add a Software Design Engineer oriented towards DSP to our Product Development Group.
Software Design Engineer
Our products are built on sophisticated object oriented software programming techniques utilizing technologies such as ActiveX, WTL/ATL/COM, GDI toolset, DirectX, WDK, WDF with C++ as a primary programming language.
This position will be responsible for:
- Invent, develop, and implement algorithms used within the oscilloscope to:
- Work in conjunction with analog and digital hardware to improve signal fidelity of the oscilloscope and probes
- Provide measurement solutions in industries using our oscilloscopes, such as serial data communications, signal integrity, communications, etc.
- Acquiring in depth knowledge of digital oscilloscope at a functionality level, as well as, at a design level
- Working in a team environment to debug, diagnose, and fix various software issues reported by customers
- Working in a team environment to develop various software applications/features for various products
- Publish and Patent research results
- BSEE or equivalent
- Working experience of C++ programming and Python
- Demonstrable knowledge of linear systems theory, DSP, and transforms (Fourier, Laplace, z)
- Strong Applied Math skills – specifically linear algebra and numerical analysis
- Knowledge of digital and analog hardware electronics
- Passion for quality and a proactive thinker
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must have good communication skills
- Masters in Electrical Engineering (2+ years experience)
- Knowledge of oscilloscopes or other test and measurement instrumentation
- Experience of Windows based application programming
- Knowledge of ATL/COM
- Demonstrable knowledge of statistics, control systems, artificial intelligence, microwaves, and/or signal integrity
- Experience with oscilloscopes and probing
- Experience with remote control of test and measurement instruments
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.