|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Sales Engineer (Mid-Atlantic Region)|
|Department : Sales & Marketing|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : LeCroy Mid-Atlantic Region|
|Job Code : 2021-15396|| |
Teledyne LeCroy is a leading provider of oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers, and related test and measurement solutions that enable companies across a wide range of industries to design and test electronic devices of all types. Since our founding in 1964, we have focused on creating products that improve productivity by helping engineers resolve design issues faster and more effectively.
Sales Engineer (Mid-Atlantic Region)
The purpose of this role is to position Teledyne LeCroy as a credible leader in physical layer test tools to silicon, device and system companies in the DC/MD/VA/DE selling territory. This is a sales position, reporting to the Americas Regional sales manager. This individual must be skilled at selling at all levels of an organization, from engineers through executive management. The successful sales engineer qualifies large and medium size opportunities for active pursuit based on the probability of success and the intelligent allocation of Teledyne LeCroy resources.
This individual starts with a plan for goal achievement that defines high probability business development strategies targeted at key customers/market segments and the associated tactical actions required for execution success. Key activities include actively visiting new and existing customers to uncover selling opportunities, investigating the needs and abilities of the customer, presenting Teledyne LeCroy solutions so that the customer views it as an enabler, gains commitment, and tracks orders all the way through the purchasing process. The successful sales engineer is organized, able to manage multiple accounts concurrently, and possesses excellent communications skills.
- Creative, motivated individual with asssertive consultative selling, conceptual selling, and negotiation skills
- Excellent customer relationship skills, including the ability to establish/maintain stability and credibility with customers and Teledyne LeCroy key stakeholders
- Basic knowledge of the application physical layer test tools (oscilloscopes) and measurement techniques in the lab
- Ability to develop sales plans and strategies for building and maintaining a robust sales pipeline
- Team player with demonstrated skills in teamwork effectiveness across all functional areas
- Proven experience hunting for and closing business with new customers
- Ability to interface with and develop relationships at all levels within a customer organization, including engineering, engineering management, and executive management
- Ability to move key opportunites through the sales cycle, providing detailed and accurate sales forecasts using the company's CRM tool
- Ability to communicate win/loss results and market/competitor activities effectively to internal stakeholders
- Ability to translate complex product features into benefit statements and value propositions that uniquely solve real world customer test challenges
- Ability to deliver formal product presentations and technical product demonstrations to customers
- 4 year College Graduate (minimum) in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science Major or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry selling experience
- Computer Skills - Able to use standard applications required for day to day job performance
- Valid Driver's License
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Mastery of sales pipeline management using a CRM tool
- PC proficient in a windows environment with the MS Office Suite
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email email@example.com or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.