|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Order Management - Export / International Customer Service Representative|
|Department : General & Administrative|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2016-3208|| |
Teledyne LeCroy is a leading manufacturer of advanced oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers, and other test instruments that verify performance, validate compliance, and debug complex electronic systems quickly and thoroughly. Since its founding in 1964, the Company has focused on incorporating powerful tools into innovative products that enhance "Time-to-Insight". Faster time to insight enables users to rapidly find and fix defects in complex electronic systems, dramatically improving time-to-market for a wide variety of applications and end markets. Teledyne LeCroy is based in Chestnut Ridge, N.Y. For more information, visit Teledyne LeCroy's website at teledynelecroy.com.
Our Chestnut Ridge, NY location is looking for an Order Management - Export / International Customer Service Representative who is detail oriented and a self-motivated individual. This individual will be responsible for reviewing and processing international orders in addition to providing customer service support to our US sales team and customers. This function helps ensure our legal compliance and provides export administration and control within government rules and regulations, including appropriate licensing for shipments for sales orders worldwide.
This person will work with both internal and external customers on the following tasks:
- Validate that all orders comply with US Export Regulations
- Create international shipping documents
- Review sales orders for accuracy and resolving order discrepancies
- Enter orders into an ERP booking system and issuing price quotations
- Track shipment status and proactively communicate as appropriate
- Engage in heavy customer contact via e-mail and phone
- Prepare formal quotations and proposals for commercial, rental and lease customer as requested by Sales Engineers and Customers
- Support sales team by developing and maintaining positive customer relations with clients/customers, which can substantially affect service and/or product revenue(s)
- Communicate and interface with other departments to expedite shipments and resolve customer issues
- Resolve customer complaints and/or issues in a proactive and timely manner, raising critical issues to the management when necessary
- College degree or equivalent
- Must have knowledge of AES Filings and EAR Regulations
- Similar work/business experience (order management, customer service)
- Proficiency with e-mail along with excellent Excel and Word skills
- Experience reading and understanding POs and contracts
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
- Detail oriented; comfortable reviewing contracts and detailed sales orders
- Ability to be flexible, and work in a constantly changing and dynamic environment
- Ability to multi-task activities, set priorities, and achieve deadlines is key to successful performance
Not required but welcomed:
- Experience shipping to foreign countries
- Knowledge of INCO (International Trade) terms
- Knowledge of export license requirements, and harmonized tariff codes
- Understanding of Letter of Credits, Return Authorizations, and ISO requirements
- Knowledge of shipping terminology including BOL and AWB
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email email@example.com or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.