|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Electro-Mechanical Assembler|
|Department : Operations & Manufacturing|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2017-5238|| |
Teledyne LeCroy Inc., located in Chestnut Ridge, NY (Rockland County, NY), is a high tech leading manufacturer of high performance electronic test and measurement equipment. We are currently looking for an experienced Electro-Mechanical Assembler to work our 1st shift in our production area. This is a TEMPORARY position with the opportunity to move to a permanent role.
- Executes documented assembly procedures, either electrical or mechanical
- Work from written instructions that provide detailed methods and sequence of assembly operations using a bill of materials, wiring diagrams, and assembly instructions
- Manipulates tools to support assembly
- Participates in weekly cell meetings and participates in cost reduction and process improvement initiatives
- Performs data entry into defect collection system
Education and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years experience preferred
- Soldering, cable assembly or mechanical assembly experience desireable
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to communicate issues, concerns and/or questions to his or her colleagues, supervisors, and Mfg Engineers
- Must be able to read and understand both written and verbal instructions in English
- Able to analyze problems and offer solutions
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and independently
- Good eye/hand coordination
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Needs to possess ability to understand weekly gross requirements in order to work towards achievement of goals and elevate issues that prevent daily requirements from being met
- Must be able to maneuver 35 lb. equipment
- Must be able to perform repetitive assembly work with high precision small components
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.