Teledyne LeCroy develops leading edge test and measurement products that engineering teams around the globe use to develop next generation communication, consumer electronics and computer products.
The purpose of this role is to position Teledyne LeCroy as a credible leader in protocol analysis test tools to silicon, device and system companies in the AZ, NV, NM sales region. This is a sales position, reporting to the Americas Area Vice President of Sales, and will carry a quota for the protocol solutions business. This individual must be skilled at selling at all levels of an organization, from engineers through executive management. The successful sales engineer qualifies large and medium size opportunities for active pursuit based on the probability of success and the intelligent allocation of Teledyne LeCroy resources.
This individual starts with a plan for goal achievement that defines high probability business development strategies targeted at key customers/market segments and the associated tactical actions required for execution success. Key activities include actively visiting new and existing customers to uncover selling opportunities, investigating the needs and abilities of the customer, presenting the PSG solution so that the customer views it as an enabler, gaining commitment, and tracking orders all the way through the purchasing process. The successful sales engineer is organized, able to manage multiple accounts concurrently, and possesses excellent communications skills.
- Creative, motivated individual with asssertive consultative selling, conceptual selling, and negotiation skills
- Excellent customer relationship skills including the ability to establish/maintain stability and credibility with customers and Teledyne LeCroy key stakeholders
- Understanding of data networking, storage point to point protocols and video technologies including FibreChannel, Ethernet, USB, PCI Expresss, SAS/SATA, DDR, MPHY/UFS, HDMI, DisplayPort is a plus
- Ability to develop sales plans and strategies for building and maintaining a robust sales pipeline
- Team player with demonstrated skills in teamwork effectiveness across all functional areas
- Proven experience hunting for and closing business with new customers
- Ability to interface with and develop relationships at all levels within a customer organization including engineering, engineering management, and executive management
- Ability to move key opportunities opportunites through the sales cycle, providing detailed and accurate sales forecasts using the company's CRM tool
- Ability to communicate win/loss results and market/competitor activities effectively to internal stakeholders
- Ability to translate complex product features into benefit statements and value propositions that uniquely solve real world customer test challenges
- Ability to deliver formal product presentations and technical product demonstrations to customers
- Ability to travel as needed up to 50%
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Sales pipeline management using a CRM tool
- PC proficient in a windows environment with the MS Office Suite
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- 4 year College Graduate (minimum) in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science Major or equivalent
- 0-5 years of industry selling experience
- Computer Skills - Able to use standard applications required for day to day job performance
- Valid Driver's License