|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Customer Service Representative|
|Department : General & Administrative|
|Position Type : Part Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2017-5437|| |
Teledyne LeCroy, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets state of the art test and measurement equipment. Originally founded as LeCroy Corporation in 1964, the company was acquired by Teledyne Technologies (NYSE: TDY) in 2012 and now operates as a wholly owned subsidiary. Teledyne LeCroy currently employs over 500 professionals with sales and service locations across the world.
Our Chestnut Ridge, NY location is looking for a Part-Time Customer Service Representative who is detail oriented and a self-motivated individual. This individual will be responsible for internal and external customer facing order quoting and processing. This function helps ensure our legal compliance and provides export administration and control within government rules and regulations, including appropriate licensing for shipments for sales orders.This is a part-time position working approximately 20/25 hours per week - - expected hours are 9:00am to 2:00pm daily with some flexibility.
This person will work with both internal and external customers on the following tasks:
- Reviewing sales orders for accuracy and resolving order discrepancies
- Entering orders into an ERP booking system and issuing price quotations
- Tracking shipment status and proactively communicate as appropriate
- Engaging in heavy customer contact via e-mail and phone
- Preparing formal quotations and proposals for commercial, rental and lease customer as requested by Sales Engineers and Customers
- Proof all orders for accuracy and release by the end of business each day. Assists other CSRs in ensuring the accuracy of orders
- Supports sales team by developing and maintaining positive customer relations with clients/customers, which can substantially affect service and/or product revenue(s)
- Communicates and interfaces with other departments to expedite shipments and resolve customer issues
- Resolves customer complaints and/or issues in a proactive and timely manner, raising critical issues to the management when necessary
- Back up other customer service representatives, as necessary
- College degree or equivalent
- Similar work/business experience
- Proficiency with e-mail along with excellent Excel and Word skills
- Experience reading and understanding POs and contracts
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
- Be detail oriented
- Ability to be flexible, and work in a constantly changing and dynamic environment
- Ability to multi-task activities, set priorities, and achieve deadlines is key to successful performance
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.