|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Hardware Engineer|
|Department : Engineering|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2018-6071|| |
Teledyne LeCroy is an innovative technology company that designs and manufactures oscilloscopes and other instruments. Our team consists of passionate, intelligent and experienced engineers who work on a wide range of problems in a highly collaborative work environment. If you are passionate about engineering then this is the place for you!
Teledyne LeCroy is looking for a HARDWARE ENGINEER / ELECTRICAL ENGINEER to design circuits for digital storage oscilloscopes and probes. In addition to designing hardware, the job also includes participating in the entire product development process all the way from defining the product requirements to mass production and product launch.
If you join us, we will expect you to:
- Design and validate printed circuit boards (PCBs) containing analog circuits, digital circuits, data convertors, RF amplifiers, power supplies, microcontrollers, FPGAs, and high speed transmission lines
- Work with a cross-disciplinary team (mechanical, digital design, software, marketing, operations) on system level design issues
- Use your knowledge of signals and systems to validate new oscilloscopes using high tech lab equipment
- Work with various external vendors as well as the Teledyne LeCroy operations team to transition completed designs into mass production
- Understand how software development works and sometimes use it to write test scripts
- Be passionate about engineering
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Recent college graduates are welcome to apply
- Electrical engineering experience preferred but not required
- A passion for learning new things and solving problems
- The ability to think logically and learn quickly
- Strong communication skills
Nice to have but not required:
- Design simulation experience with PSpice, MATLAB, Mathcad, Ansys or other analytical tools
- Knowledge of signal integrity issues and transmission lines
- Experienced in the use of high frequency test equipment (network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and oscilloscopes) for making precision measurements
- Programming experience (Python, C/C++, and/or VB Scripting)
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email email@example.com or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.