Quantum Data a division of Teledyne LeCroy is an industry leader in the video/communication industry with a 30+ year history of innovation. Our customers are leaders in the consumer electronics, PC, medical, and military industries. Customers such as Apple, Cisco, LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Bose, Intel, HP, Dell, Lockheed, and Northrup all look to Quantum Data for technical solutions. Quantum Data is sought after to, and actively chairs consumer electronic standard committees. Headquartered in Elgin, Illinois, Quantum Data, Inc. (www.quantumdata.com) invents test instruments that help manufacturers bring next-generation video, audio, and control products to market - faster and without interoperability problems. These instruments improve a manufacturer's time-to-market and interoperability with other products. Features include device emulation, signal analysis, troubleshooting, and compliance testing. Quantum Data's instruments are used in product development, certification, manufacturing, installation, and service environments and are sold worldwide.
The Electronics Assembly Technician will work in a lean manufacturing cell environment.
- Assembling units to specification including mechanical assembly, mounting printed circuits boards, and electrical wiring
- Positioning parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled, following design documents, schematics and bill of materials
- Fastening parts using hand or small power tools
- Loading and testing of software and testing functionality
- Use of ATE (Automated Test Equipment) to measure product parameter specifications
- Calibrating electrical assemblies
- Performing final tests on instruments to assure quality before shipment to customers
- Communicate quality defects and process problems to quality leaders to ensure corrective actions are taken and manufacturing standards are met
- Prior use of electronic test measuring equipment and soldering (eg volt meter and scope)