Teledyne LeCroy Inc. is an innovative technology company that designs and manufactures oscilloscopes and other instruments. Our team consists of passionate, intelligent and experienced professionals who work on a wide range of problems in a highly collaborative work environment. If you are passionate about technology then this is the place for you!
We are looking for a Project Engineer who will be responsible for engineering and operations tasks required to get new OEM equipment available for sale and to support the product post-launch. Responsibilities will include setting up new items in the respective enterprise systems, performing equipment testing, investigating field failures, and interfacing with suppliers.
In this position, you will:
- Work closely with cross functional teams (Sales, Marketing, and Product Development engineers) as well as third party partner companies and other Teledyne divisions to determine plans on products to be introduced as OEM.
- Develop product specification documents that define the products to be supplied and communicate Teledyne LeCroy requirements to the supplier. These requirements may include product performance, labeling and packaging, product change control, and supplier quality.
- Collect, archive, and maintain product details and documentation including datasheets, regulatory compliance certificates, and design documentation.
- Review supplier system reliability test results and agency regulatory certifications (such as UL, CSA, CE, FCC, RoHS, WEEE, REACH, etc.) to verify they meet Teledyne LeCroy's product release requirements.
- Determine if product testing is required and coordinate with the internal test team or with external vendors to perform the necessary tests.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the supplier. You will be responsible for chairing periodic status meetings with the vendor, tracking issues and reporting them to the OEM vendors, as well as reviewing any design changes related to the OEM products.
- Develop and maintain project schedule, including action items, assignees, current status, and estimated completion dates. You will be required to distill project status into a concise summary that you will present to management.
- Travel to international suppliers in Asia and Europe will be required. Travel could be up to 30% of the time at peak project times; but will typically be about 2 weeks per quarter.
We are looking for an engineer with project management skills as well as a suitably deep technical knowledge who can evaluate products from a performance prospective as well as from a reliability and certification prospective.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) preferred. Other engineering and/or relevant degrees will be considered if candidate possess at least 1 year of similar work experience including project planning/management.
- 2+ years of similar experience desired
- Self-managed engineer capable of interacting with, and in some cases directing, sales, marketing, certification agencies and OEM vendors
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Communication skills must be excellent as this role will be dealing with a variety of people both internally and externally. Knowledge of foreign languages (e.g., Chinese, German, Italian) is a plus
- Ability to travel internationally as required
- Demonstrated ability to plan, track, and manage project tasks is. Experience managing suppliers specifically is a plus.
- Familiarity with Configuration Management processes and experience using tools such as Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Exposure to root cause investigation and problem solving techniques
- Familiarity with ISO9000 compliant processes is a plus