Teledyne LeCroy is a leading manufacturer of advanced oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers, and other test instruments that verify performance, validate compliance, and debug complex electronic systems quickly and thoroughly. Teledyne LeCroy is based in Chestnut Ridge, N.Y.
We are looking for a Validation and Test Development Engineer who will have the opportunity to work with state of the art new technologies in the field of analog and mixed signals electronics. In this position, you will interact with a variety of engineers, from IC designers, to HW and SW engineers and manufacturing engineers. This is a great opportunity for an engineer who wants to acquire knowledge and skills from a modern, dynamic, and multi discipline engineering organization.
As a Validation and Test Development Engineer you will design automated characterization, validation and test systems that calibrate and verify the performance of high frequency and high resolution mixed signals custom integrated circuits, printed circuit subassemblies, and digital oscilloscopes and probing solutions. The validation and test system design will require hardware and software skills, an understanding of measurement technology, and mathematical analysis skills required to understand the statistical errors on measurements of devices under test. Teledyne LeCroy will be providing training to bring the skills of the successful candidate to the level needed for the work, hence we are looking for a "fast-learner" with a great deal of potential.
- Develop performance verification hardware and test software to ensure that products meet engineering specifications
- Assign adequate test limits (not too narrow, but narrow enough to catch what must be caught at the level of testing) for characterization tests, pre-production tests and final product performance tests, be it for scopes, probes, printed circuit assemblies, custom ICs or critical subassemblies
- Perform analysis of validation and test measurements, with due attention to the metrology of measurement errors of the physical characteristics, to prove product conformance to design specification
- For the above, develop semi-automated tools for an efficient data analysis of hundreds of thousands of automated measurements
- Develop calibration strategies and implement calibration routines to insure accuracy of instrumentation products with minimal time lost to calibration
- Define, develop and maintain a test framework that enables fast implementation of automated tests for new devices/products