|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Principal RF/Analog IC Design Engineer|
|Department : Research & Development|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2018-7429|| |
Teledyne LeCroy is a leading manufacturer of electronic test equipment, located in Chestnut Ridge, New York, in the flourishing Hudson Valley region, just 30 miles north of New York City.
As part of Teledyne Technologies, Inc, we design and develop digital oscilloscopes and other critical, highly engineered test products. The Technology Development Group that designs the specialized integrated circuits for our digital oscilloscopes is currently looking for a full-time Analog, RF IC Design Engineer.
Become a part of Teledyne's world-wide IC design team, with access to the latest process technologies, InP, SiGe, bulk and PD/FD SOI CMOS. With the flexibility of a small company, and the resources of a large corporation, this position offers unparalleled opportunities for advancement and growth, to help you define and achieve your personal career goals.
We are looking for a qualified individual to fill a senior-level design engineering position in the development of custom ICs for high-end oscilloscope and similar products. You will be part of a small, dynamic and critical team with potential growth depending on your unique skills. The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for providing transistor-level IC designs, layout and detailed circuit analysis in the multi-GHz frequency range. You will be involved in the initial specification, detailed circuit implementation, and qualification of the final product.
- Define chip architectures and specifications that will meet system technical performance, schedule, and budgetary requirements
- Independently design and develop unique, state-of-the-art analog RF custom ICs
- Actively participate in layout to ensure physical design meets performance criteria
- Comprehensive characterization and verification of all design specifications
- Communicate regularly on status and development to a varied audience
- Demonstrate design ideas and review design choices
- Work with the rest of the team to solve system and circuit problems
- Help develop packaging and test solutions, and participate in silicon validation
- Contribute directly to the company product line and roadmap
- Bachelors of Science, Electrical Engineering, MSEE preferred
- 6+ years analog design experience in CMOS and BiCMOS
- Thorough understanding of bipolar and CMOS fundamentals, including transistor operation, fabrication and reliability
- Cadence Virtuoso schematic and layout (preferred)
- Proficiency in the operation of high-frequency RF analog circuits
- Experience in the design of linear and non-linear circuits, signal conditioning, filters, amplifiers, DAC and ADCs
- Experience in signal acquisition systems, calibration and correction techniques
- Ability to work independently and as a team across multiple groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in the analysis, design and implementation of low-noise, broadband, switched and variable-gain amplifiers
- Appreciation of circuit trade-offs for gain, noise, and distortion
- Solid understanding of fundamental RF theories and concepts, s-parameters, transmission-lines and passive RLC circuits
- Layout skills to assess design, optimization for physical/process restrictions
- Parasitic awareness, experience with field solvers, extract methods
- Knowledge of the limitations of modeling techniques and experience with leading CMOS, BiCMOS, SiGe, RF process technologies
- Monolithic chip design concerns, such as interconnect, ESD, supply considerations, digital control, power management, temperature sensing
- Awareness of state-of-the-art IC packaging solutions, parameters and effects
The job level will be adjusted based on the successful candidate's qualifications.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.