|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op|
|Department : Operations & Manufacturing|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2018-7340|| |
Teledyne LeCroy Inc. located in Chestnut Ridge, NY (Rockland County, NY) is a high tech leading manufacturer of high performance electronic test and measurement equipment. We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op for January 2019 to August 2019 to support the manufacturing engineering function in the production of oscilloscopes, probes, and cables. This position will work with cross-functional teams to support company, team, and individual objectives.
We are looking for candidates with a genuine interest in manufacturing engineering and operations management. This job is very hands on and requires frequent prioritization, quick decision-making, and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- New product transition from design engineering to manufacturing
- DFMA input into products during the initial design phase
- Test setup creation and optimization
- Fixture design (mechanical and electrical)
- Create work instructions and train operations staff
- Cost reduction on existing products and processes
- Re-design existing parts to be more economical and manufacturable
- Source existing parts from an alternate supplier or using alternate manufacturing technologies
- Vertical integration - Make/buy decisions on components and subassemblies
- Process improvements to decrease setup time and increase throughput
- Work with suppliers on quality issues and design updates
- Root Cause/Corrective Action reports and fixes on internal and external product failures
- Lead continuous improvement and kaizen events on cross functional teams
- Research and experimentation of new manufacturing processes related to new product design and validation
- Support everyday needs of assemblers, technicians, manufacturing engineers and all other relevant operations functions
- Current enrollment towards 4 year Electrical or Electrical Engineering Technology Degree
*Open to Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering degrees as well as long as student possess an electronics background or interest
- Minimum 2 years college credits
- Previous internship or co-op experience is a plus
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing, operations, and/or supply chain management is a plus
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.