|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Hardware Engineer|
|Department : Engineering|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2018-7770|| |
Teledyne LeCroy is a test and measurement division under Teledyne Technologies (NASDAQ: TDY). We design, manufacture and market state of the art test and measurement equipment with the majority of our R&D team based in our Chestnut Ridge, New York office (Rockland County).
We are looking for a talented, highly motivated HARDWARE ENGINEER that has at least 2 years design experience with precision analog, high speed, and mixed signal circuitry to join our Research and Development Group.
- Design precision, high speed analog and mixed signal circuitry
- Design and layout high-frequency PCBs and packages
- Design test fixtures and automated test routines to support active probe products
- Being part of the team developing exiting next generation high end instruments using state of the art technology
These are only a few of the challenges we face every day designing our High-tech products. You can help solve these problems if you join Teledyne LeCroy's Hardware Team. Primary responsibilities for this job include design, analysis, debug and documentation of analog and mixed signal electronic circuits. You will also be responsible for the implementation of the designs on a printed circuit board. Analysis of the design using circuit analysis techniques and calculations will be expected.
Documentation skills including block diagrams, schematics, and engineering design reports are required in this position. Engineering design reports contain circuit descriptions, prototype results and circuit analysis results. Strong PC skills' including Microsoft Word and Excel is expected, as well as familiarity with schematic entry and simulation tools such as Cadence, Ansys.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineer or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering
- 2 or more years similar design experience
Familiarity with some of the following skills will also be expected:
- Knowledge of high speed analog design, signal integrity, transmission lines
- Basic knowledge of digital signal processing theory
- Ability to understand simple circuits in the frequency and time domain
- The use of test equipment - especially spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers and Digital Oscilloscopes
- Design simulation analysis with Orcad, PSpice, Excel, Ansys tools, MatLab or other software tools
- VB Script based language to control external equipment
- The understanding of the operation of wide band differential amplifiers
The ability to think logically, to learn quickly and the desire to learn new things are among the most important attributes for this position.
We recognize that our success is based on our employees' expertise, creativity and skills, so we offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including 401(k) and advancement opportunities in a superb working environment that is down to earth, technologically aggressive and stimulating.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email email@example.com or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.