|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Test Technician|
|Department : Service|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2019-9537|| |
Teledyne LeCroy, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets state of the art test and measurement equipment. Originally founded as LeCroy Corporation in 1964, the company was acquired by Teledyne Technologies (NYSE: TDY) in 2012 and now operates as a wholly owned subsidiary. Teledyne LeCroy currently employs over 500 professionals with sales and service locations across the world.
Our Chestnut Ridge, NY location is looking for a Test Technician to perform a variety of non-routine tasks to ensure product repair quality standards are met. Duties include performing test, calibration, diagnoses and repairs on complex products and assemblies. These include assemblies with high component counts, multiple-board assemblies, circuits that combine analog and digital, very high-speed circuits and assemblies having limited debugging software. This position requires excellent communication skills in conversing with colleagues, customers and upper management on technical issues.
- Performs set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies
- Recognizes failures and set-up problems and determines need for appropriate verification
- Operates programmable AC auto-testers, samplers, real-time oscilloscopes, pulse generators, meters, power supplies and special AC test fixtures
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of work-flow, schedules, and shipping commitments
- Prepares written reports
- Requires an BS degree EET or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of similar experience
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be computer literate and familiar with the Windows operating system
- Ability to read electrical schematics required
- Able to prioritize tasks, work independently and rarely, if ever, needs technical assistance
- Performance of tasks requires use of independent judgement and problem-solving skills
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.