Teledyne LeCroy Inc., a leading supplier of high-performance digital oscilloscopes, provides state-of-the-art test and measurement solutions and is positioned to capitalize on emerging markets. Teledyne LeCroy is located in Chestnut Ridge, New York (Rockland County).
HW Engineer/Electrical Engineer
2-6 years design experience
Precision analog, high speed, and mixed signal circuitry
Test & Measurment/New York Division
- Architecting precision, high speed and RF analog and mixed signal circuitry and acquisition systems
- Contributing in planning architectures for next generation Chipset for data acquisition systems
- Design and layout of complex high-frequency PCBs and packages
- Design test fixtures and automated test routines to support testing of prototypes
- Being part of the team developing exciting next generation high value-added instruments, using state of the art technology
These are only a few of the challenges we face every day designing our High-tech products. You can help solve these problems, if you join Teledyne LeCroy's Hardware Team.
Primary responsibilities for this job include architecture development, complex board design, system analysis and debug. Analysis of the design using circuit analysis techniques and calculations and will be expected.
Documentation and communication skills are important, as we work with a worldwide organization. Also, this position will require constant interactions between Software, Firmware and Mechanical teams, so teamwork will be strongly required.
Strong PC skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint are expected, as well as familiarity with CAD systems for schematic entry and simulation tools such as Cadence (PSPICE), Ansys (HFSS).
- BSEE 4-6 years or MSEE 2-4 years design experience.
Familiarity with some of the following skills will also be expected:
- Knowledge of high-speed analog design, signal integrity, transmission lines, RF and microwave concepts
- Basic knowledge of digital signal processing theory
- Knowledge of precision electronic design, and solid knowledge of general electronic design including power supply design, clocking design, transistor level design and PCBA technology
- Ability to understand circuits in the frequency and time domain
- The use of test equipment - especially spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers and Digital Oscilloscopes
- Design simulation analysis with Orcad, PSpice, Excel, Ansys tools, MatLab or other software tools
- Python or similar scripting capability to analyze data
The ability to think logically, to learn quickly and the desire to learn new things are among the most important attributes for this position.