|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Department : Engineering|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Chestnut Ridge, NY|
|Job Code : 2021-15200|| |
Teledyne LeCroy designs, manufactures and markets state of the art test and measurement equipment. Originally founded as LeCroy Corporation, the company was formed in 1964; the company was acquired by Teledyne Technologies (NYSE: TDY) in 2012 and now operates as a wholly owned subsidiary. Our Chestnut Ridge, NY (Rockland County) office is looking to add a Mechanical Design Engineer to our Product Development Team.
Mechanical Design Engineer
In this role, you will design, analyze, problem solve, integrate, and test the overall mechanical system of our products, as well as their electromechanical components.
This position will be responsible for:
- Create conceptual designs of mechanical systems and parts using 3-D CAD modeling software, illustrative software, etc.
- Construct prototypes of proposed designs (personally or sourced through appropriate fabrication process)
- Interact with suppliers and manufacturing engineers to ensure that designs are robust and manufacturable
- Test prototypes to ensure design specifications are met
- Release detailed design documentation of validated designs
- Process engineering change orders and requests as the responsible engineer for mechanical parts and subsystems
- Conduct design reviews at key design milestones
- Review the detailed designs and drawings of other engineers
- Troubleshoot production or assembly problems of mechanical parts/systems in current company products
- Provide sustaining engineering (design changes and support) for existing products
- Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong experience using PTC Creo/ProEngineer (preferred) or SolidWorks 3D solid modeling software to design and detail parts and assemblies
- Ability to apply knowledge of mechanical engineering principles to product design; examples include structural analysis, thermal management, shock and vibrational analysis; assembly sequencing
- Ability to generate creative design solutions for parts and systems in a multi-team environment
- Excellent communication skills for interfacing with internal engineering personnel as well as external contacts such as mechanical part vendors and contract manufacturers
- Knowledge of sheet metal, injection molding, and machine fabrication processes
- Ability to perform tolerance stack-up analyses to ensure acceptable assembly
- Knowledge of part dimensioning, GD&T industry standards for drawings is a plus
- Previous experience in electro-mechanical design or electronic packaging is a plus
- Minor lifting for movement and modification of prototypes
- Occasional travel required for vendor and assembly plant visits
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email email@example.com or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.