|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Staff Hardware Engineer|
|Department : Engineering|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Milpitas, CA|
|Job Code : 2021-15135|| |
Teledyne LeCroy Inc. develops leading edge test and measurement products. Engineering teams around the globe use our systems to develop next generation communication, consumer electronics and computer products. We are looking for an system level hardware design engineer with emphasis on high speed digital design to join our Milpitas based Protocol Solutions Group hardware engineering team.
Staff Hardware Engineer
System level hardware design engineer with emphasis on high speed digital design.
Responsibilities will include board and system level design, PCB layout, simulations, component selection and support to manufacturing/customer support on various activities. This is a product development position requiring thorough background in developing high end systems including high speed simulation, layout guidance, and working with mechanical engineers for enclosure design and associated sub assemblies.
- Board and system level high speed digital circuit design, integration, and evaluation
- Maintain product ownership
- Perform high speed circuit simulation (HSPICE, Hyperlinx, ADS, HFSS etc) and be responsible for board design and functionality
- Generate PCB layout guidelines and work with outside PCB layout service providers. Knowledge in high speed (>10Gbps) layout is required
- Perform board bring up and work with firmware/logic engineers to ensure product functionality
- Develop system and board level tests and test procedures to ensure that the product meets electrical and engineering specifications. Use these procedures to transfer products to Operations
- Work with mechanical engineer to design product enclosure and cross check with electrical designs
- Design and implement unit characterization tests, production tests and integration tests. Execute, analyze and verify test results
- Assist in EMC certification as necessary
- Support Manufacturing and Customer Support on various issues
BS/MS in EE or CE (MS preferred)
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.