Teledyne LeCroy is a leading manufacturer of electronic test equipment, located in Chestnut Ridge, New York, in the flourishing Hudson Valley region, just 30 miles north of New York City.
As part of Teledyne Technologies, Inc, we design and develop digital oscilloscopes and other critical, highly engineered test products. The Technology Development Group that designs the specialized integrated circuits for our digital oscilloscopes is currently looking for a Full-Time Senior Analog/RF IC Design Engineer.
Become a part of Teledyne's world-wide IC design team with access to the latest process technologies including SiGe, InP, and CMOS. With the flexibility of a small company, and the resources of a large corporation, this position offers unparalleled opportunities for advancement and growth.
Senior Analog IC Design Engineer
We are looking for qualified individuals to fill a senior-level design engineering position in the development of custom ICs for high-end oscilloscopes and complementary products. In this position, you will be responsible for providing transistor-level IC designs, layout and detailed circuit analysis in the DC to 100 GHz frequency range. You will also be involved in the initial specification, planning, detailed circuit implementation, and qualification of the final product.
- Define chip architectures and specifications that will meet system technical performance, schedule, and budgetary requirements
- Independently design and develop unique, state-of-the-art analog RF custom ICs
- Actively participate in layout to ensure physical design meets performance criteria
- Comprehensive characterization and verification of all design specifications
- Communicate regularly on design status to a varied audience
- Demonstrate design ideas and review design choices
- Work with the rest of the team to solve system and circuit problems
- Help develop packaging and test solutions
- Participate in silicon validation
- Directly impact the company product line and roadmap
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering; MSEE or PhD is a plus
- 6+ years analog design experience in BiCMOS and CMOS design
- Thorough understanding of bipolar and CMOS fundamentals, including transistor operation, fabrication, and reliability
- Cadence Virtuoso schematic and layout (preferred)
- Proficiency in the operation of high-frequency RF analog circuits
- Understanding of linear and non-linear circuits, signal conditioning, filters, amplifiers, DAC, and ADCs
- Experience in signal acquisition systems, calibration, and correction techniques
- Ability to work both independently and as a team across multiple groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in the analysis, design and implementation of low-noise, broadband, switched-gain, and variable-gain amplifiers
- Appreciation of circuit trade-offs for gain, noise, and distortion
- Solid understanding of fundamental RF theories and concepts, s-parameters, transmission-lines, and passive RLC circuits
- Layout skills to assess design and optimize for physical/process restrictions
- Parasitic awareness
- Experience with field solvers and extract methods
- Knowledge of the limitations of modeling techniques and experience with leading CMOS, BiCMOS, SiGe, RF process technologies
- Experience with monolithic chip design concerns such as interconnect, ESD, supply considerations, digital control, power management, and temperature sensing
- Awareness of state-of-the-art IC packaging solutions, parameters, and effects
The job level will be adjusted based on the successful candidate's qualifications.